- Archie claims Wolfe weighs how much?
1/7th of a ton or 285.7142857142857 lbs.
- What year was the first Nero Wolfe book published?
- What items are missing from the office in the first book?
--small table for writing checks
--the big red chair
--the waterfall picture
- What is Fred Durkin's wife's name?
- The old brownstone is located less than a block from where?
The Hudson River
(formerly known as the North River)
- Wolfe has already occupied it for how many years?
- How much of that time has Archie been there?
1/3 or 7 years
- Who are the Joy Boys?
Wolfe's favorite radio program
- What color are Wolfe's shirts?
Always canary yellow
- Where is Wolfe's mother?
- What is Fritz's only colloquial expression?
- What is a fer-de-lance?
Second to the bushmaster as the most dreaded of all vipers
- What is one of Wolfe's little-used presents to Archie?
- Where does Wolfe say he will go should he decide to withdraw from responsibilities?
To a house in Egypt, given to him 10 years earlier, which he has never seen.
- Name two familiar acquaintances who are know by other names in the first book.
Lawyer Henry H. Barber is replaced by Nathaniel Parker and Gazette reporter Harry Foster becomes Lon Cohen.
- How many drawers does Wolfe's desk have?
One -- the center drawer